What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
Neighbourhood planning gives communities the power to make a neighbourhood development plan – this sets out where new homes and businesses should be built and how they should look
- AVDC consults on the designation of Neighbourhood Areas
- The town or parish council consults on the pre-submission stage of their own neighbourhood plan
- AVDC holds a public consultation on the plan, and the responses are sent to an independent examiner
- If the plan passes independent examination, the local community votes on whether it supports the plan
- If the plan is supported, it will be used to inform planning decisions in that neighbourhood
The Weston Turville Neighbourhood Plan covers the period 2013-2033
The designated Neighbourhood Area covers the same area as the Weston Turville Parish Council.
On 8 August 2018 Aylesbury Vale District Council agreed to ‘make’ the Weston Turville Neighbourhood Plan, following a referendum held on 19th July 2018 where more than half of those voting voted in favour of the Plan.