Weston Turville Parish Council is putting together an Emergency Plan for the parish. We all know that we have Emergency Services who deal with most types of emergency, BUT a major incident could occur in our parish when they could not reach us quickly (such as deep snow, extensive flooding or a major incident elsewhere). This means that we need a Plan to help ourselves if the Emergency Services cannot reach us.
Please help us to put together the Plan - we need to know certain things from you:
- Are you a First-aider or ex health professional?
- Do you have a Tractor/trailer or 4x4 vehicle?
- Do you have a Chainsaw and licence to operate?
- Are you an electrician/plumber/builder?
- Are you a caterer?
- Do you have any other skills that would be valuable in an emergency?
- Could you provide sleeping accommodation, either in your business premises or your own home? If so, how many -and can you take their pets?
- Could you provide shelter/paddocks for pets or livestock?
- Could you help with supporting those self isolating in a pandemic situation?
If you can answer YES to any of the above, please make this known to our Parish Clerk - [email protected] or 01296 612838.
Are you ready for an Emergency?
The Thames Valley Local Resilience Forum has produced a booklet to help you prepare for an emergency situation, a copy can be downloaded by clicking here.