Vacancy for Parish Councillor
Weston Turville Parish Council
The Parish Council has a casual vacancy for a Parish Councillor which it will fill by co-option.
Would you like to get involved? The Parish Council meets on the third Thursday at 7pm and its Planning Committee meets at 6pm on the first Thursday of each month at the Village Hall, School Approach, Weston Turville
Anybody interested in applying for the vacancy should confirm the meet the eligibility criteria (see below) and write a short letter (or email) of introduction, outlining why they want to become a parish councillor and send it to:
Clerk to the Council, Weston Turville Parish Council, PO Box 1062, Aylesbury HP22 9PD or email [email protected]
If you wish to have an informal discussion about the role please contact the Clerk or Chairman.
In order to be eligible for co-option as a Weston Turville Parish Councillor you must be:
- a British subject, or a citizen of the Commonwealth or the European Union
- 18 years of age or over on the 'relevant date' (i.e. the day on which you are co-opted).
You must additionally be able to meet one of the following qualifications:
- I am registered as a local government elector for the parish of Weston Turville; or
- I have, during the whole of the twelve months preceding the date of my co-option, occupied as owner or tenant, land or other premises in the parish of Weston Turville; or
- My principal or only place of work during those twelve months has been in the parish of Weston Turville; or
- I have during the whole of the twelve months preceding the date of my co-option resided in the parish of Weston Turville or within 3 miles of it.
(You must be able to answer No to all of the questions below to be eligible to serve as a councillor)
- Do you hold any paid office or employment of the Parish Council (other than the office of Chairman) or of a joint committee on which the Council is represented?
- Are you the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order?
- Have you within the last five years been convicted of an offence in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man which resulted in a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of three months or more without the option of a fine?
- Are you disqualified by order of a court from being a member of a local authority?
Clerk to the Council
- 01296 612838
Find Weston Turville Parish Council
Weston Turville Parish Council, PO Box 1062, Weston Turville, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP22 9PD