Have your Say
The Parish Council recently carried out a consultation on a number of matters:
- Memorial to fallen plane
- New facilities for the recreation ground
- Provision of a café at the recreation ground
- Location for chat benches
The results were reviewed at the Parish Council meeting held on 19th January and it was agreed that:
- There would be no action taken with regard the plane memorial as over 50% of those responding thought that it was a suitable tribute.
- Quotes would be sought for the following to be installed at the recreation ground - outdoor gym equipment, table tennis table, solar lighting for the paths and planting additional trees
There was overwhelming support for a cafe facility at the village hall and recreation ground and the Council will be taking this project forward.
The suggested locations for chat benches will be reviewed for their suitability before progressing this project.
A copy of the results can be downloaded below.
1. Memorial to the fallen pilot, Worlds End Lane - CLOSED 4TH JANUARY 2023
As you may recall from previous issues of the Weston Turville Times, the Parish Council was approached some time ago with the idea of a memorial to commemorate the life, and ultimate sacrifice, of a young pilot whose plane crashed in the centre of the village during World War 2. Articles about the crash appeared in 2021 editions of the WT Times, copies of which can be found on the parish council website. A design was produced for the memorial by a local resident and the Parish Council agreed to proceed with the installation.
Since the installation of the memorial a complaint has been received and the Council would like to understand the views of the community before considering its future.
Please select one of the options below:
- No opinion
- I believe the memorial is a suitable tribute to the pilot who lost his life in WW2 and should remain unchanged
- I think the height of the plinth should be lowered
2. New facilities for the Jubilee Park and Memorial Playing Field - - CLOSED 4TH JANUARY 2023
To further enhance the recreation facilities available for residents’ use, we would like your vote on the following suggestions that have been put forward.
Please let us know which of the new facilities your would like to see and how often members of your household would use them:
- Adult outdoor gym equipment
- Drinking fountain - for humans and dogs
- Dog agility equipment
- Outdoor table tennis table
- Solar lighting around the paths
- Lighting for skate park and multi use games area
See photos below for examples of these.
Do you have any other suggestions? Please let us know.
3. Café in the Park - CLOSED 4TH JANUARY 2023
Another facility the Council have been approached about and are considering is a café facility at the Jubilee Park. To begin with it may be housed in a temporary structure but the aim would be to extend the village hall to provide a permanent building for it. What do you think, would you use it?
Do you support the idea of a café at the park? YES / NO
Would members of your household use the café? YES / NO
If yes, how often? DAILY / WEEKLY / LESS OFTEN
Do you have any other comments and suggestions with regard to a cafe?
4. Chat Benches for Weston Turville - CLOSED 4TH JANUARY 2023
Chat benches are specially designated benches in local areas that encourage people to interact and get to know each other. They are for people who feel isolated in their daily lives, the benches are an opportunity to make a connection with someone new. They also give people who want to help the lonely members of their community a way to do so. The Parish Council would like to install a chat bench within the parish and would like your views on where you think would be a suitable location – it can be anywhere in the parish.